09 July, 2011

There. Now You Can't Say I Never Give You Flowers

So my intrepid companion and I went to Madrona Park on Wednesday.  I've mentioned it before - it is, hands-down, one of the best places to go in Seattle on a sunny day.  The views are to die for, and I'll be doing you up a proper post soon with geology and much better photos than the last time.  My old POS camera could not in any way do it justice.

Thing is, when I go out on these rambles, I come away with all these amazing photos I want to show you, but which don't merit a post of their own.  They don't even seem to justify a little slideshow, really.  And there may be a solution to that.  When I was playing around with different photo-editing tools trying to find something that would allow me to combine several LIDAR images into one simple package, I found this little autocollage thingy that's got a free trial.  It didn't work for LIDAR, but it seems ideal for those random pics I think you all would like but don't wish to bombard you with individually.

So here is a nice little autocollage of the wildflowers at Madrona Park.


What do you think?  You like?  You want more?  Autocollages of interesting rocks and other yummy things could be in your future, if you want them to be.  All I'd have to do is spend $20 on the program, and we'd even be rid of the watermark.  I'm totally down with that.

We'll try it out on a few other bits, and if enough people enjoy them, we'll continue on after the trial expires.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

swooning at the eye candy

more please

Ron Schott said...

It does make for a nice picture, but the scientist in me would really prefer to separate each according to its own type.

Anonymous said...

Like!

Cujo359 said...

It's too subtle for me, I think. The first time a looked at the collage of flowers, I thought to myself "What collage?" Then I looked closer.

It seems to do a good job of fooling me, so if that's a selling point, buy it. ;-)

Janice said...

It's my birthday.

Are those flowers for me?


Janice in Toronto

C.R. Sawyer III said...

Yeah, what Cujo said!

Rockdawg said...

I like it! Please try it again.

Silver Fox said...

Thanks for the flowers! I think it would be an interesting program to experiment with.