11 March, 2009

News That Should Be a Joke


There are days when I'm grateful I don't live in Texas. This is one of them:

Warning: do not drink a beverage while reading this headline:

I may run for president of Texas

On Glenn Beck's radio show last week, I quipped in response to our wayward federal government, "I may run for president of Texas."

That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.

I'm making a pledge right now: if this man ever gets elected as POTUS, I'm emigrating. Where to depends on which of my readers has the comfiest couch. And I seem to remember Atheist Chaplain mentioning barbecue Aussie style... hopefully he'll have that job he's looking for by then. (If anyone knows "of a high paying job where I only have to put in a few hours a week and get huge benefits," please pass the tip to him. It's an emergency - barbecue is at stake!)

Some days, I really wish Mr. T would get around to turning Chuck Norris into a sad little grease spot. It would raise America's average IQ by about 50 points...

1 comment:

Glynis Cooney said...

The people's republic of Massachusetts will always welcome you Dana.