29 March, 2009

We Shall Soon Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Blogging

I just realized it's Sunday. We're supposed to have Sensational Science. But to give you an idea of how far my brain has shut down, I forgot what the time difference is between Washington and North Carolina, thus leaving my best friend twiddling his thumbs for an hour while I scampered here, there and everywhere looking for those 1,001 items that you didn't know you needed until you moved into a new place. Every weekend for nearly two decades I've been calling this man, and yet I forget what time it is. Gah.

I've been trying to scan the political news, and can only get through a few sentences before my brain tries to crawl into a corner and die. Trying to unpack over 30 boxes of books on top of the usual household implements will do that to you.

In better news, thanks to the kindness of a strong friend, I do have a new microwave. You don't realize how much you rely on those damned things until you haven't got one.

Things will return to normal shortly. In the meantime, don't forget to check in at Z's place later for COTEB XI.

No comments: