02 January, 2010

The Shape of Things to Come

The holiday season's almost over.  It's a new year and a new decade.  I've spent a considerable part of December thinking about what I want, what I need, and what I'm likely to get out of this year.  You're very much a part of that thinking, my darlings. 

First of all, thank you.  Thank you for reading, thank you for commenting, and thank you for being such a wise and wonderful bunch.  I often wish this cantina weren't virtual - you all deserve a round on the house.  And that round will be yours should we ever meet IRL.

You are the reason this blog's survived this long, and the reason it will continue to survive - nay, not merely survive, but thrive.  But we'll be doing a bit o' remodeling.  (It's already begun - the side bar's been modified a bit, at long last!) 

Here's the rough plans: Happy Hour Discurso's still on, at least Tuesday - Friday every week (barring extraordinary circumstances, like, y'know, holidays).  It'll probably be pared down a bit.  It's hard to pick the creme de la stupid when there's so damned much of it, but we'll have to try.

Your Daily Dose of Health Care Reform Stupidity is finished.  I was going to stick with it until the health care reform bill was passed, but there are limits, and I've reached mine.  Bored now.  We'll fold the most outrageous health care reform stupidity into Happy Hour and be done with it.

You'll see at least two posts daily from me on (most) weekdays, and one or two (normally) on weekends.  But I'm cutting back a bit.  Full-time blogging on top of full-time writing and a full-time job was getting to be too much.  And the focus on politics, ditto.  I want to focus on other things - science, writing, the delightful things in life.  You'll see that here.  Some of it you won't see, because I'll be offline working on me book.

Things are still a bit fluid, and more changes may come, but that's where we're at just at the moment.  I'm sure there'll be some tinkering around the edges, and if something doesn't sit well with you, speak up.  I don't just write this blog for me, you know.

Right, then.  Let's get on with it.

No comments: