22 September, 2010

Geo Linkfest!

Since I'm traipsing all over bits of Oregon with Lockwood and ye olde intrepid companion, I'm having to rely on other geobloggers to fill in the gaps.  I'll use any excuse so's to have a chance to highlight some truly awesome geoblogging goodness.

When you're a professional geologist in western Washington, you can't always depend on the weather to cooperate.  But as Dan McShane knows, you can depend upon it to provide some lovely shots:


That's haunting, that is.  And there's more where that comes from, so do go enjoy.

Speaking of enjoy, if you missed Brian Romans's Unconformity at Point Reyes, head to his place forthwith.  Why do I live for Fridays?  Because of his Friday Field Photos, of course! 

Chris Rowan explores New Zealand's Alpine Fault, and shows why it could be a bit nervewracking to live in a country bisected by a plate boundary. 

Lockwood reminds us that conservation often clashes with consumption, and that there are certain compromises we have to make if we want to maintain our standard of living.

Callan Bentley shows us how field paleomagnetism is done.  After that post, I feel I understand a great deal more about both field work and paleomagnetism, which is no small feat for a blog post!  As always, his lavish photos have left me mopping drool from my chin:


And, finally, Silver Fox has the perfect photo for the long road ahead.  For the punchline, see here.

I can only respond with a quote from The Walking Drum: "Yol bolsun!"  May there be a road.  Preferably one with signs in.

Speaking of roads, I am wending my way back to you on one, possibly at this moment even.  See ye soon, my darlings!

2 comments:

Silver Fox said...

Hope you're having a great geo trip! Let us know what Quartzville is like.

Anonymous said...

How do you get Lockwood to invite you on a field trip? I've tried to get a field trip line up with him and wrote to his email and got no response from him.

Ann