04 September, 2010

The Hazards of Working for a Major Cell Phone Provider

So, the phone rings the instant I get home tonight.  It's my mother.  She has acquired a phone with the company I work for.  We then spend the next two hours going through her service with a fine-toothed comb to ensure there's no surprises, and I have to explain how picture messaging works. Argh. 

I'm glad she's with us, though.  I see the worst this company has to offer, and it's nowhere near as bad as what some of the competition does to its customers, as my poor dear mother found out the hard way.  And she bought a cell phone that's extremely hard to break.  And I can send her pictures, which I haven't been able to do for years.  Woot!

Now I just have to convince her to get on a text messaging plan so we can communicate.  She hasn't got a computer, so this is the next-best thing.

So, all parents are now with my company.  You know what this means.  I'll never be off work ever again....

No comments: