21 October, 2010

So Much for Substance

I got the other half of Connie Willis's two-part book today.  I'm about to go devour it, much like egg-eating snakes devour their dinner.  Alas, my darlings, this means you should expect no posts of substance from me for at least 24 hours.

Instead, you're being subjected to a grab-bag of kitteh stuff.  Why?  Because I can, and because it's funny.  And at times heartwarming, such as this rescue reported by Jerry Coyne.  Moral: do not let your toddlers get their hands on kittens small enough to flush.  And Aussie firemen are awesome.

Lockwood found two items aptly demonstrating a writer's life with a cat:



Lotsa other funny stuff there both having and not having to do with cats, so if you haven't read his Sunday Funnies yet, what the hell are you waiting for?

Callan Bentley demonstrates that cats have no appreciation for the artist's workspace, either:


Well, actually, they appreciate it quite a lot, I suppose.  Just not in the way we might wish.

Bora tweeted a helpful guide to petting a cat.  Here's a taste:


Click for the rest.  Even if you're not a feline aficionado, you may still require these skills someday.  Think of the rich, cat crazy relative you may need to placate, who knows you're not allergic.

There.  Something fun for ye.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to WWII London.  Laters!

No comments: