19 June, 2011

No Lounge Chair Shall Prevail

We've had occasional moments of summer, which means I'm forced to leave the sliding glass door open so that my felid can play Queen o' the Porch.  So last weekend, there I was, trying to concentrate on me work, and I hears this clunk.

I looked outside in alarm, and in the next moment dove for the camera, because hilarity was about to ensue.


The important thing about leverage is, when you're on one end of a very long lounge chair, and there's nothing anchoring the other end, the end you're on goes clunk.

I waited for the freakout.





Wobbly moment there, but back on terra firma, with all legs back where they belong.  However, this end of the lounge chair appears not to have met her strict standards.


For a while, there, it seemed she meant to tip it the other way.  But, on second thought....


It is apparently no fun courting disaster when mommy has the camera ready.  Note the "Do you really think I'm going to do anything humiliating with you watching?" expression.


Aaand success.  Humiliation averted, sunbeam acquired, smug expression firmly plastered. 

Now if only summer would come back...

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

So adorable!

Karen said...

I see your rock collection has expanded to the porch! :-)