19 April, 2008

The Media and Bushies: A Punk Interpretation

The American media have treated the Bush Administration with a phenominal lack of interest. It's gotten to the point where it seems they could reveal literally anything, no matter how outrageous, and the media would respond with a collective, "That's nice. So, did you hear that Obama asked for toast without butter? Omigod!!"

And then some punk songs started flitting through my head. And I realized: this is exactly what the last several years of political discourse in this country have been like.


Cheney:

I've got something to say
I killed your baby today


Media:

And it doesn't matter much to me
As long as it's dead


Cheney:

I've got something to say
I raped your mother today


Media:

And it doesn't matter much to me
As long as she spread


America:

Sweet lovely death
I am waiting for your breath
come sweet death
One last caress





Bush:


Well I've fucked a sheep
And I've fucked a goat
I've had my cock right down its throat



Media: So what, so what


Well who cares, who cares what you do






Explains everything, really.









*Goes without saying that these are my views. The bands don't necessarily concur. Or give a fuck.

No comments: