15 April, 2008

Go Forth and Encourage, My Darlings

Brian Switek over at Laelaps is having a bad moment. My fellow writers, and interested readers, we need to troop over there and give him some love:

Given all the false-starts and struggles I've had as the concept of this book has evolved in my own head, it's not unreasonable to ask why anyone needs another book about evolution. There's presently a glut of books talking about evolution and why it is important, so what can I really hope to achieve? I have no idea if the finished product will be popular at all, but I think it's important to try and express why I find evolution so fascinating.

I think so, too. Let's all tell him so. There's always room for one more, and Brian has the potential to be one of those science writers who fires up the next generation of evolutionary biologists. Don't let him forget that.

1 comment:

Laelaps said...

I actually didn't see this until right this moment (it never showed up on sitemeter or technorati). Thank you for all the encouragement you've given me! Right now things are slow because I'm in the middle of finals, but I'm hoping to get some more work done starting next Wednesday.