08 August, 2008

Outstanding

Kaden frequently ships me over little cultural gems I never would have found on my own. He outdid himself tonight.

I'd never heard of Def Poetry, and if I had, would've written it off - it's the "Def," you see, brings up terrible memories of my hair-band days, when I thought bands such as Def Leppard were the shit. But Kaden knows that all he has to do is hook me with a quote.

Try this one: "Knowledge cures ignorance. So if you're in the know... be fucking contagious!"

If that's not an Elitist Bastards battle cry, I don't know what is.

And the rest simply blew me away:



Do you have chills? I have chills. Fucking outstanding, that is. It's raw, revealing poetry at its absolute best.

Fucking contagious, indeed.

3 comments:

idahovic said...

WOW. Thanks!

RBH said...

That is some powerful stuff!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful... Definitely strikes home, too, having been raised in the south.

Thanks!