07 February, 2010

Palin Becomes a Parody of Herself

Okay, okay, even more of a parody of herself.

And I didn't even believe it.  I couldn't believe it.  I mean, Sarah Palin's a ginormous fucking fool, one of the most unintelligent people in the known universe, but I thought she had a tiny spark of intelligence there somewhere.  I mean, at least enough to be able to memorize basic talking points and spit them back out. 

I stand corrected:
Tonight, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin spoke to the National Tea Party Convention in Nashville, TN, an event that was ditched by other high-profile Republicans who disliked its for-profit model. After her speech, organizer Judson Phillips asked Palin several questions. One of them was about what needs to be done when there is a “conservative House and a conservative Senate.” Palin jumped right in and said, “We’ve got to rein in the spending, obviously.” However, she then seemed to forget her next talking point and glanced down at her left hand, as if there were notes she had scribbled down. She went on to talk about “energy projects.” 
Crib notes.  On her fucking hand.  I ask you.

When I saw the story on Think Progress, I admit I was skeptical.  This had to be some sort of joke perpetrated by some left-wing wag.  No politicians with national stature, former vice presidential candidates no less, have to have talking points scribbled on their hands.

So I went to the HuffPo link, and found this photo:


I'm not the world's expert on doctored photos, so I have to go by plausibility.  And this wasn't plausible.  I didn't think I'd be able to track down the original wire service photo, and even if I had, well, reporters have gotten up to hijinks chasing a story before.  So I decided I'd have to go into the lion's den in my search for evidence.

That's right.  I searched for video posted by a right-wing site.  And no shit, there it was, clear as day:


Click to enlarge, and note the fact that she does, indeed, have shit scribbled on her hand.  I nearly damaged myself laughing.  I hope you all didn't need a trip to the ER.

Yesterday, Greg Sargent said, "Palin is set to take only pre-screened questions at today’s Tea Party (though it’s unclear if she’s seen them). She can’t face spontaneous questions even from Tea Partiers?"  Apparently, we have our answer.

Here's the takeaway:
The takeaway is that this presidential contender apparently can't remember her supposed core principles and needs a cheat-sheet when simply asked about her beliefs.
"Sad" and "pathetic" just don't even seem to cover it.

I'm left with two distinct possibilities.  Either Sarah Palin's one of the dumbest Cons ever to hit the national stage, or she's a liberal operative working under deep cover on a mission to destabilize and destroy the right from within.  One almost hopes for the latter, simply because seeing a woman this fucking stupid attempt to answer basic questions from a friendly audience and fail so epically is a horrifying experience.  It makes me feel ashamed to be a female.  And it gives me the serious willies, thinking this motherfucking idiot may have been next in line for the Presidency.

But this shit's still hilarious.

No comments: