23 February, 2010

Dumbfuckery du Jour

I'm so glad the Muse let me visit TPM today.  I mean, there are just some things in life that one doesn't like to miss, like this hilarious bit of supreme dumbfuckery:

One Missouri lawmaker has an idea of how to help the state's bottom line - gamble a portion of Gov. Jay Nixon's salary each month on lottery tickets.

The Missourian details a bill by state Rep. Mark Parkinson (R) that proposes deducting $2 from Nixon's monthly paycheck to buy Powerball tickets.

Any potential winnings would be put in an account called "Governor Nixon's Scratch-off, Match-off Fund," according to the bill, which gets a hearing tomorrow.

This is an actual, supposedly serious proposal.  From a duly-elected lawmaker.  Just sit back and savor this for a moment: a state's budget is in the toilet, and the best the Con in their Congress can come up with is "Hey, maybe we should gamble!"

This fucktard literally wants to bet the state can win the lottery and make all of their problems magically disappear.

Don't raise taxes, or fees, or find any other way to increase revenues.  Don't find ways to trim the budget without destroying the state's social programs and quality of life.  Don't make corporate citizens and the wealthy contribute.  That's for those dumb hippies in Oregon.  No, my friends, Rep. Parkinson believes, I mean he believes, they can win big, so there's no need to do any of that happy-crappy responsible governing stuff.

I mean, the odds are only 195,249,054 to 1.  It's a sure bet!

I've just laughed so hard I'm afraid my stomach's prolapsed.

No comments: