20 February, 2009

Friday Favorite Physics Cats

Two of my great loves: physics and cats. Thanks to the intertoobz, I can indulge them all at once.

This was my opinion of biology once. Then I discovered molecular biology, got to know evolutionary theory better, and realized there wasn't anything "soft" about it at all...


This is a frequent experience at Casa de Dana. I do believe my cat has several wormholes scattered throughout the apartment - either that, or she's discovered how to use Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. Nothing else explains why she can pop so suddenly out of nowhere.



String theory: exciting, elegant, and damned cute!



Every cat seems to have a touch of Schrödinger's Cat in them.


Cats sometimes do seem to defy the laws of physics. A friend and I once tried to clean off her coal-dust covered kitty by dropping it in the wading pool. I'd never seen an animal go from a vertical fall to a horizontal flee without any intermediate stages before - and this cat didn't even ruffle the water. They prove the impossible possible every day.

Who can resist a kitteh that imitates Einstein? Not me. And I'll bet I'm not alone here.

2 comments:

Cujo359 said...

Nothing else explains why she can pop so suddenly out of nowhere.

Keep talking like that, and we'll find you at the Discovery Institute some day. It's not a bad gig, I hear. You can name your own hours, some writing skills required, but you have that part nailed.

Nicole said...

I LURVE kittehs!