30 September, 2011

Ye Maclargehuge Announcement: ETEV Joining Freethought Blogs

Oh, yes. I am mean, I am cruel, I am forcing all of you to update blogrolls and RSS feeds and all that rot: En Tequila Es Verdad is moving to Freethought Blogs on October 1st.

Look, was I really gonna say no when the opportunity to get all of my beloved geobloggers in front of more interested eyeballs was presented to me? Would I actually decline the chance to blog alongside so many of my personal heroes? Dude. PZ Myers, Stephanie Szvan, Ed Brayton, Ophelia Benson, Jason Thibeault, Greta Christina, Jen McCreight, and oh so many more... How could I say no? I couldn't. No way.

ETEV will be changing location, the furniture will look different, and the neighbors will be closer, but otherwise, things remain pretty much the same. I'll still be blogging on the same subjects and schedule. Really, the only major change you'll have to endure is ads. Freethought Blogs has to pay the bills, you see. But otherwise, things won't change all that much.

So in that sense, it's not a big deal. But in another sense, this is huge. See: blogging alongside heroes above. I didn't expect that to happen. But I'm very glad it did.

I hope you'll all come over to the new place once it launches. This new venue shall be a fantastic place to meet new folks and make them, like us, adorers of the good science of rock-breaking.


New URL: http://freethoughtblogs.com/entequilaesverdad/.

RSS feed, go here to grab: http://freethoughtblogs.com/entequilaesverdad/feed/.

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

woohoo!!! hope the kitty doesn't object too much to the move and doesn't claw the new neighbors' furniture :)

congrats dana!!!

Chris R said...

Congratulations! Your awesome writing deserves to be shared with a wider audience. Just make sure to keep up the rock blogging - do you know if you have category specific RSS feeds over there, so I can update the geoblog aggregator?

BrianR said...

sweet!

Anonymous said...

I echo Suzanne and offer a hearty WOOHOO of my own. Congratulations, Dana!!!! This is a great opportunity and a real recognition of your work here. FTB scores another top-tier blogger... How cool is that?!?

george.w said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! :-D !!!

Karen said...

Don't have much to add to what the others said, except, it's about time.

Cujo359 said...

Much as I'll miss all the facial muscle exercise I get squinting while trying to read purple text on a magenta background, it sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

Congratulations from one of your ex-neighbors.

John Pieret said...

I am forcing all of you to update blogrolls and RSS feeds and all that rot: En Tequila Es Verdad is moving to Freethought Blogs on October 1st.

Since I can't stand cruelty ... not perpetrated by myself ... I'll have to pass ...

Riiight!

Congratulations!

Dan McShane said...

Congrats! And keep up the excellent work

Efrique said...

And FTB is now awesome.

Hektor said...

now i want some tequila thank you lol