01 October, 2008

McCain: Aspiring Dictator

McCain tells the Des Moines Register what he thinks of the failed economic bailout bill and gives his game away:



"This is just, uh, an unacceptable situation. I'm not saying this is the perfect answer. If I were a dictator, which I always aspire to be, I would write it very differently..."


He surely didn't look like a man who's joking. If you have any friends, family, colleagues, etc. who are leaning McCain's way, you might want to ask them how they feel about living in a dictatorship. And considering how old McCain is, and who's been picked to succeed him, we'd soon be living in a Dominionist theocracy.

Be warned.

4 comments:

Woozle said...

I think what we may be up against here is that there are actually a lot of people who don't think democracy is that wonderful, and wouldn't really mind being under a "ruling elite" if they can get rid of all this annoying, untidy political debate nonsense. The idea of a dictator apparently doesn't make them think of Hitler... or maybe they're willing to put up with Hitler as long as he keeps the trains running on time (which, I'm told, he didn't actually do... but maybe McCain would, if we all pray really hard and smite any heathen who say he isn't).

o.0

[ raises hand ] umm... I think I'm in the wrong civilization... may I be excused?

Anonymous said...

"If I were a dictator, which I always aspire to be"

thats got to end up as a sound bite in the Dems ad campaign...........

please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Register took down the video. Somebody out there in blogland PLEASE tell me you actually downloaded/captured it. If so, click over to pdxoutsider.com & shoot me a message or comment. Thx-

Anonymous said...

Heh. Nevermind, I hadn't seen Olbermann yet tonight.