04 April, 2008

I Hate to Pwn My Own Dear Stepmother, But...

All right, Mom. I didn't want to do this. I really didn't. But you gave me a number, and what choice do I have but compare some numbers? That's what us libruls do. We worry facts to death.
Shelly said,

That bitch cost us over 150 million dollars and that was when she was the freakin' First Lady.

All right. Fair enough: Hillary Clinton cost us some cash. I won't even ask you to back up that statement because I know you've got some evidence for it - one of the many things I've always admired about you, you're not one for making unsupported assertations. So let's just take that number as a given: Hillary Clinton cost us a cool 150 mil.


Hmm. Interesting. Let's just have a gander at what Bush et al have cost us:



I dunno... maybe I'm just a liberal or something, but doesn't it look awfully like the blue's shorter than the red in this picture? And don't it just seem like the red all the way to the right, representing George "What the Fuck Do I Know About Economics" Bush, is the tallest of them all?

If we're talking about costs to the country in purely economic terms, how much has Bush cost us?

Oshit:

The Bush administration said the war would cost $50bn. The US now spends that amount in Iraq every three months. To put that number in context: for one-sixth of the cost of the war, the US could put its social security system on a sound footing for more than a half-century, without cutting benefits or raising contributions.

O-kay. 50 billion per month, some projections put the total cost at $3 trillion, but hey, who's counting? And, well, you know, war's expensive. Bush had to spend on that, right? But he's done a great job otherwise, I'm sure.

Or not.

The following figures appear in the official U.S. Financial Report, released by the Treasury Department:


  • The true national debt is $49 trillion, not the $8.3
    trillion Bush reported

  • That's $156,000 for every citizen, or $375,000 for
    every working American

  • This figure has more than doubled in the past five
    years

  • We paid $327 billion last year on interest alone

  • The true 2005
    deficit was $760 billion, not the $318.5 billion Bush reported This is 6.2% of the GDP, not 2.6%

  • It's all getting worse

No shit?

Look, Mom. My patience for Hillary Clinton has run out faster than a creationist fleeing the evidence of evolution, and I'm not the only die-hard liberal who feels this way, but let's look at reality here. We're headed straight back to the Great Depression. We're aiming for having to shovel our money into wheelbarrows to buy a loaf of bread. We've gone from world leader to world laughing-stock, and all John "Don't know much about economics" McCain's promising is to grease the slide to get us to the bottom faster. Given these numbers, I'd be insane to vote another Republican into office.

I hope it doesn't come to this, but fuck yeah, I'll plump for the Antichrist.

A few hundred million compared to trillions? There's no fucking comparison.

No comments: