27 January, 2011

ETEV Geo-Posts Lexicon

Silver Fox posed me a question on Twitter that sent me on an hours-long gallop through ye olde blog:
You've been blogging for quite a while, when did you start doing rock posts and other related geo-type subjects?
I couldn't remember.  Been doing this since March of 2008, and it's almost 3,200 posts under the bridge since then.  I'd started with pollyticks mostly, along with a heaping helping of bashing on IDiots, and only gradually transitioned to the current mix.  And I have the attention span of a meth-addicted Jack Russell Terrier combined with the memory of a brain-damaged goldfish (I exaggerate only a little), so it's hard to cast my pathetic excuse for a mind back to those misty days of almost three years ago and remember just what the hell I was doing.  

I'm sunk if I ever get hauled in by the police, people.  They'll ask me what I was doing on the evening of X, and I'll have to say I've no idea.  They'll ask me if I ever met so-and-so, and I'll say no, and they'll whip out some incriminating photo showing me with X, and they won't believe me when I tell them I didn't remember X's name and have only a vague idea of the circumstances under which that photo was taken.  But I digress.  See: attn span of meth-addict JR above.


I took a gallop through my science-tagged posts in an attempt to answer Silver Fox's question, and having worked up some momentum, I took a run at the entire opus.  If you've ever wanted links to all of my geo-related posts, then this is the post for you!


If you want a sampling of all my science-related posts, simply click the "Science" tag at the end of this post, or find it in Labels in the sidebar.  Enjoy!




Scenes from the Juan de Fuca Plate


Unterseevulkan!  


Starring Geology  


"Intense Discovery" 


Sunset Crater


Volcanoes from Space


Arizona Rockhounding


Shocking Truth About Aftershocks


Getting Acquainted with Agassiz Parte the First


Getting Acquainted with Agassiz Parte the Second


Crystal Delight


A Funny Thing Happened While I Was Searching Google Images...


How You Know You're a Geologist at Heart


A Geology Buff at Home Depot


Geology Strikes Again


I Smell Abject Ignorance


Getting My Rocks On


Happy 30th Anniversary, Mount Saint Helens


Oregon Geology Parte the First


Geologist to YECs: "Shh Even Before You Start!"


Relative Dangers


Oregon Geology Parte the Second


Whither Geology?


Fangirl Gets Noticed by the Rock Stars, Freaks the Hell Out


Life on the Rocks


Whiskey on the Rocks


Some Preliminary Geological Findings


Things I Found in the Twitterverse


Wither Geology? National Parks Edition


Things That Caught My Attention


Things That Made Me Go, "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"


SIWOTI Syndrome: Gabbro Edition


Seward Park: A Scientific Wonderland


The Crash of Continents, the Whisper of Water


The Poetry and Prose of Ellen Morris Bishop


Strata to Make Your Heart Sing


Geological Humor.  Plus, Choices


Pop Rocks


Accretionary Wedges


Geoblogosphere Samplings


Volcanoes and Debris Flows and Experts, Oh My!


The Wolf in the Fault and Other Stories


Geo Linkfest!


Captain's Log Supplemental: Mary's Peak I


The Columns Became


AW #27 Now Available


Geology in Bed, at Work, and at a Friend's Place


Test Driving with Geology


Do Ya Think I'm Bluffing, Punk?  Well, Do Ya?


Wherein I Do Some Geology All By My Lonesome


Oh, Schist! And Other Stories


Great Scarp!  Seattle Has Faults!


One of the Most Beautiful Things I Have Ever Seen


Such Civil War Is In My Love and Hate


Geocandy: Earth Fall Down and Go Boom


Bedrock Bonanza


For Those Who Missed It


Sands of Time


I Need a Geology Degree


Why (Part of) the World Is Flat


The Allure of the Orcas Chert and How to Keep Undergarments Fresh in the Field


The World is Weird


Christmas Rocks


The Quote Detective


Oregon Geology Parte the Third


Building a Better World: Ice Caves


And there it is.  Those who click on the "science" tag will notice that ye olde blog focused rather heavily on biology and astronomy, along with a smattering of climate stuff, at the beginning.  That wasn't merely a result of falling under PZ and Phil's respective spells - it was because I was frantically catching up on biology after neglecting it for years, and I've always had a soft spot for stars.  But between exploring a bit of the geology round these parts and visiting ye olde home state of Arizona, where geology is on spectacular display, my focus started shifting more and more toward one of my old, great loves.  Then the geoblogosphere adopted me, and the rest is history.


This year, I plan on dabbling my toes in chemistry, and I have some work to do on climate and weather for ye olde magnum opus, along with who knows what else shall come up.  Expect to see quite the variety of science as 2011 goes on - but we won't be skimping on geology.  


So much delicious science, so little time!  If anyone knows someone with gobs and oodles of money they don't know what to do with, please do inform them that a blogger/author in Seattle would like to make some suggestions.  ;-)

No comments: