25 November, 2008

Glenn Beck Inspires Hate, Wonders Why People Hate Him

From the chronicles of extraordinary dumbassitude (h/t):

Glenn Beck has been telling a personal story illustrating what he says is a particularly intense level of hatred on the left.

According to the newly signed Fox News host, he was verbally assaulted by a truck driver while standing in line at a Wendy's restaurant at a truck stop. Writing on his blog, Beck says the truck driver called him a "racist bigot," blaming the talk show host and conservatives "for everything." Wrote Beck, "The hatred was palpable." As his security detail stood between him and his assailant, Beck says the truck driver ended his rant by threatening to run him over.

It was ugly stuff, and Beck was shocked by the level of hate: "I wanted to say, I think you have me mistaken for someone else, but I knew he knew who I was and he just hated me for who I was…. Wow. Is this who we've become? Is this who we've become?"

You reap what you sow, Glenn. Enjoy that whirlwind.

We won't even get into the fact that, for every paltry handful of hate on the left, you need a shipping container for the hate spewing from the right. But if anyone's really in so much doubt that they need examples, I'll be happy to find a few hundred after NaNo. Shouldn't take me more than an hour or so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glenn Beck is one of the greatest Americans alive! If only our politicians had the guts and wisdom of this man, we'd be in a much better place as a country!