13 November, 2008

It's Official. The Republicon Party Is Not Smarter Than a Seven Year-Old

I heard earlier today that Obama has sent a thank-you letter to a seven year-old blogger, but I didn't think there would be any substance to the story. I thought wrong.

I now think we may be looking at a future Democratic president, and no, I'm not being condescending (h/t):

Here is why I'm asking grown-ups to vote for Barack Obama. I am 7 years old so I can't vote......

My mom told me that I shouldn't base my election analysis on "feelings" (I like him/her) or "beliefs" (I share his/her beliefs) but on logical arguments. She asked me to create my own rational explanations for my support of Obama. Here is one of my arguments:

McCain and Palin are not be qualified to be President / Vice President of the U.S. The President's job is to do good for the country and the world. To do good for the country, the President must make smart decisions on important situations.

Governor Palin believes the world is 6000 years old. This is absurd. This is not a rational belief. This is a mistake. Scientists, experiments and evidence have shown this to be completely false. Therefore, she is not rational. If she is not rational, she should not be allowed to be President or Vice President.

Please vote for Barack Obama.

No, he's not just regurgitating his parents' views. He researched both campaigns for a school assignment before coming to a reasoned conclusion. He really is that amazing.

It didn't surprise me to learn that young Mr. Stas Gunkel is in the gifted program. I hope he never loses his passion for politics. This country needs people who can think this clearly - and if he's this much smarter than the average Republicon politician at seven, just imagine what he's going to be like when he's old enough to hang out at the cantina.

A heartfelt tip o' the shot glass to his parents, who are teaching their son the value of thought. And a hearty tip o' the (non-alcoholic) shot glass to Stas for showing us all how it's done. You ever need me to work for your future campaign, Stas, I'll be ready.

No comments: