22 January, 2009

Val Kilmer for Governor?

Yes, damn it, I have to insert a Tombstone joke in here. Deal with it.

When asked if he would consider running for governor of New Mexico, Val Kilmer said, "I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game."

Okay, not in so many words, but close enough (h/t):

Actor Val Kilmer is strongly considering a run for New Mexico governor in 2011 when Democratic Gov. Bill Richardson will be term-limited out of office.

He told The Hill at Monday’s Huffington Post party at the Newseum that he has been approached to run for the highest office of the state where he owns a ranch and has family roots.

“Actually, they’ve asked me to run for governor,” he said, not specifying who “they” are. “People seem to want me to.”

Speculation has swirled for months that Kilmer will run to succeed Richardson, and Kilmer said nothing that would have tamped down those expectations.

“I love my state and I love the people,” Kilmer said.

When asked by a reporter if he was giving a “strong maybe” for a run for governor, Kilmer agreed.

“That’s what it is,” he said.

I'm torn. On the one hand, he supported Nader over Obama, which doesn't say much for his political acumen. On the other hand, it's Val Fucking Kilmer.

We'll see how I feel after the WTF Val Kilmer running for governor srlsly?!?!! factor has worn off. Anyone else as discombobulated by the idea as I am?

No comments: