30 July, 2008

I Love the Smell of Impeachment in the Morning

Democrats.com has a delicious little petition for you to start your day with:

Support Rep. Kucinich's Articles of Impeachment

Rep. Dennis Kucinich performed a heroic service for our Nation by introducing 35 Articles of Impeachment against President George W. Bush.

Rep. Kucinich thoroughly researched and documented every single article. Any one Article would be sufficient grounds for impeaching Bush and removing him from office; taken together, the case for impeachment is overwhelming and urgent.

I thank Rep. Kucinich for his true patriotism and I urge you, my Representative and Senators, to fully support all of his Articles of Impeachment.

Signing things like this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Especially when I get to append my own commentary:

I don't know how this country is going to be able to stand before the world and proclaim support for democracy and the rule of law when we've allowed Bush and cronies to flagrantly violate both. We must impeach: for our country, and for the world. And considering that a President Cheney would be a nightmare, I urge you to impeach Dick Cheney as well - he's certainly done more than enough to justify it.

How I love democracy in the age of the internets. The only thing it can't give me is the pleasure of shaking George W. Bush by the hand, looking him in the eye, and saying, "My signature helped kick your ass out of the White House, you evil lying lackwit."

Hmm. This gives me an idea for when I'm rich and famous - finagling invites from important people I despise so I can explain my opinion of their fuckery up close, personal, and above all publicly. I'll have to bring you all with me. You'd make a hell of an entourage, my darlings.

Well, you can be my virtual entourage for now. Go, sign, envision us as a legion striking terror into the hearts of the powerful and terminally stupid asshats running our government, and let me know if you think of a suitable name for us.

2 comments:

SWE said...

I got an auto-dialed phone call about this just yesterday. After I pressed "1" to indicate my support, there was nothing further.

I'd been feeling uncharacteristically hopeless about the Bush Regime, but thanks to your writing I now find myself a Strange Bedfellow and have let my "representatives" know just what I expect from them. Thanks for the motivation!

MalwareBeGone said...

"envision us as a legion striking terror into the hearts of the powerful and terminally stupid asshats running our government"

Sorry, Dana. Asshats like Cheney and his sockpuppet Shrub don't feel terror. Greed is their only emotion. Anyone gutsy enough to steal two national elections doesn't give a crap about little things like voters.