22 July, 2008

Why Christian Businesses Should Read the Articles They Link To

Occasionally, I check Sitemeter to see Who's Honoring Me Now (copyright Stephen Colbert). Occasionally, that turns out to be extraordinarily amusing.

Take, for instance, this referral:




Weird, says I. What the fuck would a site called Profit God's Way be referring people to me for? Unless they're bitching about me... There was that article on shady Christian businesses that wasn't too flattering. Bet they're pissed! Yippee!

So off I click to discover what awful things are being said about me. All I get is this:




Well, that's disappointing. Just a lame fucking advertisement. But I've got to be on this page somewhere: otherwise, no one would've clicked through it to my blog.

*scroll scroll scroll* HA HA HA HA HA! Aren't they cute?


(click to embiggen)

Still no me. What the fuck?

*scroll scroll Your product is so great!!1!!1!! blah blah scroll scroll scroll*

*pause*

*really long pause*

Seriously?







THEY FUCKING LINKED TO MY ARTICLE! AH HA HA HA HA HA! HEE HEE HEE! WAH-HA HA HA HA SNORT WHEEZE BWAH HA HA - ow. I think I strained something.

So no shit. I had to go surfing through the site to verify it wasn't a spoof. Had to be a spoof, right? I mean, who's gonna be that stupid?

Forget I asked.

Self-explanatory, really.

I don't know how long I'll be up there before someone figures out that - how do I put this delicately? - linking to my article isn't quite in keeping with the overall message of their website. In fact, it's pretty fucking counter-productive. I'm sure my enshrinement there will be temporary.

But the amusement value will last me the rest of my life.

2 comments:

george.w said...

LOL - man, that really brightened my morning BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Les said...

Actually they probably don't care what content is on your page so much as what page rank it has with Google. It's a Splog and they're using every trick in the spammer's book to get page rank.

I'm surprised there was a link at all as most of the time they just use referrer spoofers to tap your referrer log in hopes you make it public and increase their page rank when their site shows up in it. I get that all the time in my refferer log.