19 July, 2009

Git Yer Bums on t' Beach!


NP be docking the HMS Elitist Bastard and takin' the crew out for a little R n R on the beach. Ye know ye'll want t' be a part o' that! All ye have to do in order to enjoy a wee bit o' sun and fun is get yer submission in to elitistbastardscarnival@gmail.com by the end o' day Friday, July 24th.

For those o' ye who've never yet sailed wi' us, 'tis simplicity itself. Here be the simple requirements:

1. Pick a blog post o' yours that hits the stupid where it hurts.

2. Send us the link.

That be it.

For some Elitist Bastard inspiration, ye can peruse Roger Ebert's fine demonstration here. He be one o' us, as Captain Blake mentioned to me.

Which brings me to our next subject: if ye're raidin' the blogosphere and come across a fine bit o' elitist bastardry, ye can send us the link for press gangin' purposes. As long as it's in by Monday, I can wrestle the unsuspecting soul aboard.

We also be runnin' low on Captains, so if ye want to helm the ship, send me word.

That be it. I expect an inbox flooded with Elitist Bastardry come the deadline. Don't miss the beach party the way ye missed Captain John's birthday party.

(Postdated for stragglers - new content be below)

3 comments:

george.w said...

I'm working on my July entry, "A brief history of Fail", already.

Anytime August or later when you need a Captain, I've mostly got both me eyes to focus on the same thing for up to several minutes at a time. If I can find me spectacles.

Cujo359 said...

That Roger Ebert essay is a classic. I loved his review of the last Star Trek:TNG movie. It was a wonderful synopsis of why lazy writing makes those movies, and much TV science fiction, so boring these days.

Blake Stacey said...

These two from Ben Goldacre look somewhat relevant; what say you?