18 July, 2009

Hilzoy's Last Hurrah

This is it. Hilzoy's last post. I encourage you to read the whole thing, because as always, she brings a brilliant clarity to every issue she illuminates. Here's just a snippet:

I think that democracy, like any kind of community, takes effort. It needs to be maintained. People need to work at it. And the last five years have made me realize, yet again, that even when things seem really bad, they are not hopeless. There is always something you can do. Even when you're not expecting it, you'll get an email from Moe Lane asking: would you like to join our blog?

All you can do is try. And as my grandmother used to say to us: it is not worthy of humanity to give up.

No. No, it's not.

She has a lot more to say that's just as important, if not more so. Especially for us bloggers.

There's definitely a Hilzoy-shaped hole in the blogosphere.

I'm not going to say goodbye. That's reserved for funerals and passing strangers. I'll just say, "Until again, Hilzoy."

Best of luck in all you do.

No comments: