14 August, 2009

Rep. Rick Larsen Tells It Like It Is

This is why I'm proud to live in the Northwest:
Our very own CSpanJunkie attended Rep. Rick Larsen's town hall meeting on health care in Everett, Washington. By all accounts, it wasn't one of the crazed mob scenes they love showing us on the cable channels.

However, the addition of decorum did not bring with it the addition of sense. And in response to one person's dutiful recitation of misinformation, courtesy of the right wing, Rep. Larsen retorted with a classic line I think should be part of every Democratic congressman's repertoire:

[snip]

LARSEN: Thanks. Thanks, Jim. Thanks for your input and your comments. With regards to the first comment about being forced to buy health care, I’ll say it again, not ‘till I’m blue in the face, I may get cold enough and I’ll look blue in the face here tonight, but it won’t be until I’m blue in the face. The bill does not force anybody to buy health care, to change…to change….I’m sorry, the bill does not force anybody to change their health care plan. If you’re in a plan, you will not be forced into the public option. You will not be forced into the health insurance exchange. Now folks will say that’s not true, but I’ve got facts on my side and you’ve got Glenn Beck on your side. It’s just not going to play off that way.

That retort was made of awesome. My shot glass is tipped to you, sir.

This on top of Con Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington's 5th Congressional district mildly spanking the Teabaggers.

Damn, I love this state.

1 comment:

dNorrisM said...

Jon Stewart pvned Beck bigtime last night. About 1 1/2 years ago, Beck was decrying the horrorz of the US medical establishment, but now he says it is the best in the world.