28 September, 2009

Happy Hour Discurso

Today's opining on the public discourse.

I am in Day 2 of this cold, which means I'm at the stage where one feels as though one has been beaten by very large sumo wrestlers, thoughts wander about like drunk kittens, exhaustion comes on with the insistence of a used car salesman, and taste is but a distant memory, as is breathing.

But hey. At least it's not the swine flu.

In other words, Happy Hour shall be short, it'll contain Your Daily Dose of Health Care Reform Stupidity, and aside from the Carnival, it's all you're getting from me. Well, probably.

The "aggressive but not ideological" Faux Nation website is beloved by (who else?) Cons. Shocker, I know. One gets the feeling a dictionary is needed in Faux News headquarters, because they love to toss around words without really comprehending their actual meaning.

The National Review puts out a piece that sounds like WorldNut Daily mashed up with Faux News and then flambéed with some neocon sauce.

Chris Wallace actually spanks Bob McDonnell for saying that his right-wing frothing fundie thesis wasn't a "radical agenda."

Cons are on about regime change in Iran. Because we all know how well regime change went the last time we forced it.

And, in the best comment I heard all day, Defense Secretary Gates implies he didn't enjoy working for W by saying, "I very much enjoy working for this one." Oh, snap!

In Health Care Reform Stupidity news, we have Congressional Cons whining that the White House just doesn't love them anymore. Yes, again. I think these people need to speak to relationship counselors, who might be able to explain them why people they've shat on repeatedly might have decided not to be shat upon anymore.

A WaPo columnist believes there's no constituency for health care. I think the Villagers need to get out more.

Ben Nelson nearly gave me cardiac arrest by suggesting something I actually agree with, while Sen. Tom Carper steps up to shill for drug companies.

The CBO sez the public option saves even more than they thought. That's bad news for industry shills masquerading as fiscal scolds.

And I'm sure there's plenty more, but that's all I've got the energy for just now. Feel free to drop links to other tidbits in comments, my darlings.

1 comment:

george.w said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Dana! Yet still landing punches on the cons...

Hope you feel better soon.