27 September, 2008

The Regulars Weigh In

Two of my readers who are brilliant bloggers have been having entirely too much fun with the political fuckery lately.

First, there's Cousinavi, who rips CBS a new one:

It is now reported that the honchos at CBS News are pissed at Dave for grabbing their feed and airing it. Some sort of, “S’posed to ask first” bullshit.
Fuck all that. And fuck those News Jackal Bastards, too.
Why does it keep coming down to David Letterman, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert to tell Americans what the fuck is really going on - to provide anything remotely resembling cogent analysis and sane perspective?
Why is it that every fucking time I tune in to that gasping, grunting, yammering fuckwit Wolf Blitzer, it’s another simmering pile of crap that ne’er bothers to distinguish between a goddamn fact and an outright fucking lie?
WHY does CBS News want to keep it a secret - the difference between what John McCain TELLS PEOPLE and what John McCain actually DOES? Why is it a problem when the pictures speak louder than any words ever could?
That would be, you know, what a NEWS ORGANIZATION might occupy themselves with, were they at all interested in DOING THEIR GODDAMN JOB!

My darlings, I think we should stage a march on CBS to remind them of these facts. We'll give Avi a bullhorn. He does a fair job conjuring the ghost of Walter Cronkite. We can hope that this, combined with Katie Couric's devastating interview with Sarah Palin, might just shame them enough to start acting like journalists rather than whiny Rethug children.

Look, I can but dream.

Cousinavi was catharic. PTET finished off the catharsis with a belly laugh by dubbing clueless stupidity over - well, clueless stupidity:



Priceless.

For an encore, I really hope he dubs in the "Oh, my god, Becky, look at her butt" speech from that one rap song by that artist whose name I can't remember... you know the one I'm talking about. I don't know if you guys have watched any of those interview clips, but Katie Couric's expression is just perfect: I don't think I've ever seen an interviewer look more disgusted. She kept it professional, but you get the sense she wanted to break out of her detached journalistic role and start reaming Sarah Palin for being the most outrageously stupid vice presidential candidate ever to walk the earth.

*Happy sigh* I love my regulars.

I've been so busy watching the train wreck that is the McCain/Palin campaign and trying to keep on top of the complicated nonsense that is the bailout that I haven't been keeping up with the rest of you like I should. I hope you all know that I read and appreciate each and every comment, and I do click through your links. You're 90% of why this blog is worth doing. (The other 10% is that I get to air my outrage in public. I do believe I would've exploded like the man with the dinner mint in Monty Python without this.)

Time for an open thread: send me some links to your latest. We'll have an impromptu Carnival of the Cantina Regulars here. You, my darlings, deserve the spotlight.

3 comments:

PTET said...

:)

You want Sir Mix-A-Lot.

And you are soooo right about poor Katie Couric.

Brian said...

This came out today on several sites.
*********************************
Capitol Hill sources are telling Ed Schultz that senior McCain people are more than concerned about Palin.

The [McCain] campaign has held a mock debate and a mock press conference; both are being described as "disastrous." One senior McCain aide was quoted as saying, "What are we going to do?" The McCain people want to move this first debate to some later, undetermined date, possibly never. People on the inside are saying the Alaska Governor is "clueless."

SWE said...

I have put a few rants (that might be interesting to a wider audience) on my own blog. One being Of Homesteads and Houses, the other Investment Banking Wall of Shame.

Thank you for tormenting me with relentless clips of Sarah Palin. Not sure it's good for me, but it keeps me riled up.