07 November, 2008

Motherfucking Comcast

I've been knocked offline most of the night. Comcast decided, without warning, that several hours' worth of maintenance needed to be done. I'm sure it did, but a notice would've been nice.

And so no shit, there I was, cut off from the world, typing this in a Works document and realizing just how very internet addicted I am.

I couldn't check up on the latest political fuckery.

Couldn't pull up me expanded outline for the book.

Couldn't hare off in search of some factoid or quote or other bit of useful information for said book.

Couldn't pester you lot, and read your comments, and procrastinate by clicking on the links you send me.

I couldn't even turn on The Daily Show and Colbert Report to clean away my anger to.

And it drove me utterly crazy.

Really don't know what you've got till it's gone...

Maintenance was supposed to go on till dawn. Things are back up for the moment, but if tonight's posts turn out thinner than McCain's maverick credentials, you'll know the reason why.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I survived a whole week without internet (well kinda, but it was only for a few minutes, and it was only to check emails.... Honest!!!)

ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I hope that it doesn't happen again. If it does, let me know. I will be happy to look into the situation.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Cujo359 said...

Umm, Mark, one of the reasons I'm no longer a Comcast customer is that this happened frequently, and always with no warning. Guess I should have written that on the Internet to get a satisfactory response.

Glad to see you made it through the night, Dana. Always sucks to not have Internet service.

Anonymous said...

Actually I have a Question for mark, if someone using Comcast has their internet go down, how is providing an email address going to help them ??

Cujo359 said...

Well, AC, you go down to your local coffee shop or library with your wireless laptop and write it there. Or you have dialup as a backup connection. In my experience, when you're with Comcast, you're used to thinking this way.

Might be why Mark neglected to mention that.

ComcastCares1 said...

To Atheist Chaplain,

Thanks for the question. I think it is safe to assume that someone posting on the web has an alternate access to mail.

Thank you and have a great day!

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com