18 December, 2009

What George Said

I've been meaning to write a post like this.  Thankfully, George pretty much summed up my thinking:
Barack Obama took office in a country on fire.  He has right-wing loonies - congressmen and senators - trying to trip him up at every turn, telling lies about him, telling lies about his legislative agenda, and aided by media that thrives on idiot “we’re just askin’ questions’ equivalency.  The deficit was (and still is) headed for geosynchronous orbit, two wars going on, the judiciary and key government agencies packed with Reagan/Bush/Bush appointees.  You wanna blame somebody?  It’s all those people in the voting booth. 

So no, I’m not happy with everything Obama has done.  I had high hopes but you have to take anything a candidate says with a grain of salt.  But we can NOT let really stupid, dangerously ideological people take office.  It’s easy to lose sight of the damage they can do.

I know some among you won't agree.  But I'll say to you again what I've always said: no matter how much the Dems piss you off, the solution isn't to let the Cons take back power.  The solution is to fight tooth and nail for better Dems.

We didn't get the perfect progressive champion when we elected Obama.  But we got something a fuck of a lot better than McCain.  The fact that our national standing went up overnight, that we avoided a reprise of the Great Depression, and that we have a man at the helm who can bloody well think is reason enough for me to sleep soundly at night.

1 comment:

Cujo359 said...

I'm still trying to figure out what it's going to take for people to figure out what a con artist Obama is. The only reason I voted for him was the the GOP came up with an even worse choice. We've been screwed over and over again, deliberately, by the White House, which is something that's been documented thoroughly, and people are still making excuses for him.

I give up. No, I'm not going to provide links, because nobody reads them anyway.