04 November, 2008

Yes We Did


PRESIDENT-ELECT BARACK OBAMA.... At 11 p.m. EST, the networks have called California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii for Barack Obama.

And with that announcement, Obama will be the 44th president of the United States.

Yes. He. Did.

Update: I'm not embarrassed to admit that I'm at a loss for words. Eleven months ago today, Obama told a group of Iowans, "You know, they said this day would never come."

And yet, he we are. It's an extraordinary moment to savor.

Yes, it is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dream has not been fully realized, but this time, a man was judged on the content of his character, not the colour of his skin.

Night all, Dana - hugs for a great job.

Efrique said...

And the world breathes a sigh of relief. There's a lot of joy around here.

Well done guys.

I just read Obama's speech. Wow. I reckon schoolkids will be learning parts of that one hundreds of years from now.

What will I do with myself without an election to obsess over?

Chaos Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chaos Lee said...

All other things aside, do you know how fucking refreshing it is to hear a speech that not only follows a coherent grammatical structure and utilizes polysyllabic words, but actually makes me feel like the person speaker understands what he's saying?

Seriously, for all the years I was teaching, I made a point of grading the rhetorical quality of speeches given by political candidates. It's so nice to finally give an A. Not just to the speech, but the sentiment it expresses.

Anonymous said...

Dr. King is smiling down from heaven tonight. Finally it might be time to come back for a visit after January 20th. When sanity resumes.