14 July, 2010

Dumbfuckery du Jour

It's a good thing I don't need functioning vocal cords to point out how ridiculous Sharron Angle is:

CBN's David Brody, to his credit, brought up the fact that there's a "perception" that Angle is "avoiding those mainstream media outlets" by limiting herself to Fox News and other conservative outlets. He noted, for example, that she isn't "going on 'Meet the Press' or a 'This Week,' those type of news shows."

Angle replied that she only wants to talk to media that will let her beg for cash.
"Well, in that audience, will they let me say I need $25 dollars from a million people go to Sharron Angle.com send money? Will they let me say that? Will I get a bump on my website and you can watch whenever I go on to a show like that we get an immediate bump. You can see the little spinners. People say 'Oh, I heard that. I am going and I'm going to help Sharron out because they realize this is a national effort and that I need people from all around the nation.' They may not be able to vote for me but they can certainly help."
I guess, then, that the Christian Broadcasting Network is one of those outlets that doesn't mind being used by Angle as part of a fundraising ploy.

In this sense, I'm not sure who should be more embarrassed: Angle, for her willingness to only appear on programs that let her shamelessly beg for money; or the news outlets that actually agree to go along with this and allow the crazed candidate to treat their interviews as a telethon?
Whelp.  At least now we have a quick and accurate field test for whether news outlets are actually legitimate news outlets.  If you see Sharron Angle shilling for cash, it's not a legitimate news outlet.  How easy is that?

She's only willing to go on teevee for cash money.  When it comes to having a dialogue with reporters, you can forget it:
This weekend, Fox 5 in Las Vegas caught up with Angle at the state GOP convention. As the Plum Line’s Greg Sargent points out, Angle attempted to backtrack on her remarks by saying that she opposed the MGM project because it received stimulus funds... [snip]
 
But as Fox 5 notes in its report, Angle’s explanation is bogus, because the City Center never received any stimulus funds
FOX 5 ANCHOR: But I listened to that interview, and the caller asked Sharron Angle, would you have called the banks as Harry Reid did to get them to open up some lines of credit to the City Center so they could continue construction after their partners pulled out. That’s what she was asked, and she said, no I would not. And tonight she told you, no that’s not what I said, I said I would not vote for the stimulus — but the stimulus had nothing to do with the construction of City Center. Was anyone able to follow-up with her on that?

FOX 5 REPORTER: No. We were not allowed to ask any sort of follow-up questions. I tried, and another reporter tried, and we were told just one question each. Again, only four questions for the assembled media that was there. [...]
Maybe if they'd offered her 25 bucks, they could've asked another question.  That's a steep price for stupid, and I'm not sure they'd have gotten their money's worth, but at least they could've asked.

Harry Reid's gotta be feeling good about his chances.  Unfortunately, we shouldn't underestimate the potential stupidity of American voters.  They did, after all, give us eight years of Bush the Younger.  Sharron "Deregulate the Oil Companies!  Force Rape and Incest Victims to Give Birth to Assault Babies Because It's God's Plan!  Send Me Money!" Angle might be exactly what they want.  I dunno why.  Maybe it's because they can't be bothered to pay even five seconds' attention, or maybe it's because these batshit-insane barely-functional morons make them feel better about themselves.  Or maybe it's because they've given up on finding useful politicians and are going for sheer entertainment value.  If it's either of the latter two, I can assure the American voter that Sharron Angle is cheap at the price - although she'd cost our country dear.

No comments: